Banana Bread – Gluten & Sugar Free!
225g gluten free flour
100g unsalted butter
120g granny smith apples
2 large eggs
40g Greek-style yogurt
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C & oil a 12 x 25cm loaf tin
- Mix the apples and cinnamon in a blender to create an apple sauce
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and apple sauce (the mixture may look a little curdled!) then gradually beat in the eggs, yogurt, vanilla, milk and bananas
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and allspice in a separate bowl, then gradually add to the banana mixture.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes
Recipe inspired from Sugar Free by Sue Quinn